- Flexibility of design. Many free websites are limited to using their templates. You may not be able to upload your own design to reflect your business and branding. Having your site hosted will give you much more flexibility in your design.
- Flexibility of features. Many free websites are limited to what you can do, even a blog hosted on WordPress has its limitations. With your own hosting you can do much more with your webspace.
- Support from your host. In most cases, a web host has great technical support to help you get your website online, and give ongoing support when needed. They will also keep an eye on things to keep your site online.
- No Redirection. If you have your domain pointing to your free web space, there is a redirection. This may not hide the fact you are using free web space, so customers may notice and this can affect your credibility as a business. Having your site hosted will mean you don’t have to worry about this.
- Pay by the month & flexible plans. Many websites will let you pay by the month and offer flexible options so you can upgrade your account as needed – as the size of your website increases as well as the traffic you get. This means that hosting is not as expensive as you think.
I hope this helps you decide to move your site from a free website package to your own host.