If you are hitting the sales this year, keep an eye out for specials on the following products to help your business.
- Wrapping Paper – if you offer free gift wrap as a Christmas promotion, then Boxing Day is the time to stock up for the following year. You will need space to store it, however most wrapping paper is half price or less. If you’re lucky, you will be able to find paper that looks generic and can be used during the year.
- Christmas Cards – as with wrapping paper, the prices of Christmas cards are cut dramatically. If you send cards in the mail, stock up ready for the following year. Pick up an extra pack or two if you’re not sure how many to purchase. They can always be used the following year or for your kids to give out at school.
- Decorations – Christmas decorations in all shapes and sizes have reduced prices. These can make a special gift for your best customers or suppliers, as a gift with purchase, or even something to spruce up your office. Pick up a few decorations for use the following year. These can also be used as teacher gifts or as a gift for the person who just shows up for a cuppa in the lead up to Christmas.
- Packaging – there are a number of boxes and gift bags that can be used as packaging for your products. Some are obviously Christmas themed, however there may be plain ones that can be used during the year. If you go looking through the piles of items in the sales, you could come home with items that can be used for your business during the year.
- Office Supplies – there are some shops that discount almost everything. If you are smart with your shopping you could save money on supplies for your office – from paper to office equipment. If you are planning on buying something in the sales, make sure you do your research before Christmas so you are sure you have a genuine deal.
Do you have any other tips on how business mums can save money in the Boxing Day sales, or have you got a bargain that can be added to this list?